Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Recipe Tuesday ~~ Twice-Baked Potatoes

Well, this New Recipe Tuesday is just going splendidly; three for three with today's addition:

Twice-Baked Potatoes

Now I know your probably wondering what is so great about these. Well, let me just tell you, I have not always been a big fan of the TBP. Sometimes there a little dry and have a weird consistancy. Well not these. This is a fab recipe that I tweaked to fit our liking. So please give this one a try ... you will not be sorry!!!

3 Large Baking Potatoes
1/4 - 1/2 cup butter, softened (I use Fleishman's Butter with Olive Oil ~~ delish)
1/2 - 3/4 cup milk (I use skim)
5 pieces bacon, cooked and cumbled
1/4 of a sweet yellow onion
1 Tbl minced chives (more or less to your liking)
salt and pepper to tast
1 -2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use monterey and cheddar blend)

Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. This is an important step and one I had never done before. It gives you more room to scoop and fill. Scoop out hte pulp, leaving thin shells.

In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, mix. Add the bacon, onion, chives, salt pepper and 1/2 cup or so of cheese.
Spoon into potato shells about half full and add a bit of cheese. Fill to the top and add a little more cheese to cover the top.

Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and enjoy. YUMMEE!!!!!

Happy Eating,
Dawn

0 comments: