Monday, May 4, 2009

Easy Smothered Steak

This dish is get-out-of-town good and easy!!!!!

Now when I say it is good, I am not talking from personal experience. I cannot eat it, because of the whole allergic to MSG thing, but Dak and hubs LOVE IT!!!!!


1 1/2 lb. round steak
pkg brown gravy mix (powdered)
1 large can cream of chicken soup

Put steak in baking dish (I used a 13"x9") and sprinkle a little of the dry brown gravy mix on top of the steaks and rub it in. I'd say probably about 1/3 of the package or so. Just eyeball it.

Then pour soup down over the top and then pour the rest of the brown gravy package on top. Mix the dry gravy mix in just a little, then bake.

Bake at 300 for 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Delish!!!

Now I'm sure this could be done in a crock pot, but I've never tried it. If you do let me know how long you cook it, and how yummee it turns out!! =)

Happy cooking,
Dawn

0 comments: