Sunday, May 10, 2009

Delicious Fried Rice

So my hubs and son LOVE Chinese food, but because of my allergy to MSG we cannot eat it out together. Usually that is take out and bring home for them and I get something else. But I do like Chinese food when there is no MSG involved. So I often make Cashew Chicken and Fried rice.

My cashew chicken is so easy you don't really need a recipe. I just double dip chicken breast in egg and milk then flour then egg milk and flour then deep fry. I know so nutritious =)

And for the gravy I use Tamari and water and bring it to a boil and then make a slurry (cornstarch and water) and add to thicken it. It really is just to taste. I don't ever measure the Tamari and water, I just taste it. Soy sauce really doesn't work very good. Tamari is an aged soy sauce with a much richer flavor ~~ it's our fave.

But for the rice I have a recipe that is a combo of things I've tried and this one works well.

STIR FRIED RICE

1 Tbl oil
3 eggs lightly beaten
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
2 Tbl Tamari (can use soy sauce)
2 cups rice
2 green onions chopped

Boil chicken broth, add rice, cook 5 mins (or until broth is absorbed). Move rice to side and add oil. Cook eggs in oil and add soy sauce and green onions at the end. It is really simple and Oh So Good!!! So please enjoy ~~ YUMMEE!!

Happy Cooking,
Dawn

1 comments:

Lisa said...

My son will be thrilled! This looks easy enough to try! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Happy Mothers Day!
Blessings - Lisa