Thursday, April 30, 2009

Homemade Taco Seasoning

So I am one of those people who are allergic to a lot of pre-made items of convience we now have in our grocery stores. I am highly allergic to MSG ~~ monosodium glutamate. I have severe reactions like slurring of speech (that generally last for days), shaking and severe headache. So I really try to avoid it and can usually tell after a bite or two if it has gotten slipped in unbeknownst to me.

So I have started making my own seasonings and have found that they are much preferable over their grocery store, loaded with preservatives counterparts.

So here goes:

Dawn's Lovely Homemade Taco Seasoning:

1 TB chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black powder

Mix together and voila ~~ instant, yummeedeliciousgoodforyou, taco seasoning ~~ enjoy!!

Happy cooking,
Dawn

0 comments: